Tungsten radiation shielding can be implemented as an alternative to lead shielding. Tungsten has a much higher density than lead (11.3 g/cm3), depending on the alloy (17.0-19.3 g/cm3).
Tungsten is mostly used as an alternative for lead shielding when the dimensions are small. Due to the high price of tungsten it will become expensive at larger scale.
- Tungsten containerAvailable
- Tungsten polymer sheetAvailable
- Syringe shieldAvailable
- Tungsten Transport ContainerAvailable
- PET Syringe ShieldsAvailable
- Lead glass vial shieldAvailable
- Magnetic Tungsten Vial ShieldAvailable
- Sliding Tungsten Vial ShieldAvailable
Tungsten radiation shielding
Nuclear Shields offers also tungsten shieldings next to lead shieldings.
The benefits of tungsten shielding are:
- High radiation attenuation.
- Easy to keep clean & sterilize.
- Non-Toxic material.
- Dimensionally stable up to 1000 *c.
- Hard & Durable (no need for steel or plastic coating).