Lead Lined Containers
Nuclear Shields manufactures lead containers in various sizes, lead thickness and materials. The standard range of lead containers consists of lead vial pigs, mobile lead containers with a cart for easy transportation, and lead containers with a stainless steel housing and locks for longer term storage or decay. Lead storage containers can be used to store and transport radioactive material. The standard outside and inside finishing is coated lead so there is no exposure to the lead by personnel. A stainless steel finishing is also available to provide a stronger housing. The lead containers can be equipped with handles for multiple handling methods. Lifting eyes can be attached to the lid and base to lift the container with a crane. Padlocks can be attached to the container to secure the radioactive material with a key.
- Nuclear Waste ContainerAvailable
- Shielded cask with shutterAvailable
- Mobile Lead ContainerAvailable
- Lead Vial PigsAvailable€ 430,00
- Shielded Waste Bin 18LAvailable€ 894,00
- Shielded Waste Container with PedalAvailableFrom € 1.585,00
- Mobile radioactive waste containerAvailable
- Lead shielded containersAvailable
- Lead Shielded CaskAvailable
- Sharps Container ShieldAvailable
- Lead storage containersAvailable
Lead storage containers
Lead storage containers can be used to store radioactive materials. When preparing radiopharmaceuticals, doses are drawn from a vial into a syringe while using a tungsten syringe shield. After the dose has been drawn into the syringe, the radioisotope vial may be stored in a lead storage container or tungsten vial shield. Tungsten vial shields may have a lead glass viewing window to improve visibility of the contents. Lead storage containers have the possibility of adding one or multiple padlocks to safely secure the radioactive material with keys.
Lead transport containers
Nuclear Shields manufactures lead shipping containers to transport radioactive materials. One of the uses these containers can be designed for is shipping of syringes with F-18 radiopharmaceuticals. There are multiple classes for containers to be classified as a shipping container, such as type A and type B. These classifications will describe what these lead shipping containers may be used for.
Lead shielded container applications
- storage of radioactive material
- transportation of radioactive material
- PET radionuclide storage (Fluor-18)
- preparation of radiopharmaceuticals
- vial pigs for PET and other radionuclides